Home > Deathtalk > Topic
CODE ORANGE KIDS join the DW Family, on tour now, new album later in 2012
January 26, 2012 01:45PM

Deathwish are proud to welcome Code Orange Kids to our affiliated family.

Fresh out of high school and with an average age of 18 years old, Pennsylvania's Code Orange Kids remind us off our own embryonic days in the aggressive music scene. They do things their way, creatively cutting their own path through it all. Unconcerned with the direction of other artists, their brand of gritty hardcore/punk is simply refreshing to hear. Merging cryptic melody, dirty hardcore power, and intense dirges into their own uniquely inspired sound.

Code Orange Kids recently released their fantastic "Cycles" 7"EP on the Mayfly label. Check out "Cycles" from the 7"EP at the link above. They also have a split 7"EP with Full Of Hell surfacing soon on Top Shelf label. You can find all available Code Orange Kids releases and new apparel in the Deathwish Estore now.

Click here to listen to "Cycles": [soundcloud.com]

Soon, Code Orange Kids will enter the studio to record their debut album, due out on Deathwish in 2012.

Lastly, Code Orange Kids are on tour now in the U.S. with Xerxes, dates are below:

01/26: Fresno, CA @ China Youth Center w/ Xerxes
01/27: Sacramento, CA @ The Dough Joe w/ Xerxes
01/28: Santa Rosa, CA @ Transient Lounge w/ Xerxes
01/29: Portland, OR @ Punk Tank w/ Xerxes
01/30: Tacoma, WA @ The Red Room w/ Xerxes
01/31: Boise, ID @ Studio 9 w/ Xerxes
02/01: Salt Lake City, UT @ TBA w/ Xerxes
02/02: Denver, CO @ Blast-O-Mat w/ Xerxes
02/03: Kansas City, MO @ Asshole Castle w/ Xerxes
02/04: Omaha, NE @ TBA w/ Xerxes
02/05: Cedar Fall, IA @ 1108 House w/ Xerxes
02/06: Peoria, IL @ Washington Illinois VFW w/ Xerxes
02/07: Chicago, IL @ Subterranean w/ Xerxes
02/08: Grand Rapids, MI @ DACC w/ Xerxes
02/09: Ashtabula, OH @ West End Art Space w/ Xerxes
02/10: Louisville, KY @ Chestnut House w/ Xerxes

Photo: Reid Haithcock

Re: CODE ORANGE KIDS join the DW Family, on tour now, new album later in 2012
January 28, 2012 01:52AM
thats great news!loved codeorangekids from the first time i heard them.i knew there was potential in them =]
January 28, 2012 11:19AM
Thanks for the support.

-J.

January 28, 2012 02:18PM
and sorry for off-topic but,Jake please reprint those jane doe shirt that came with the preorder so we wont spend stupid money on ebay...
has something like that came to speaking of?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 10:56PM by manisthebastard.
January 29, 2012 04:01AM
band rules so hard
thumbs up
It is really great to see that some younger bands are gaining alot more recognition. Its good to see under 20's getting some good spread. but I would really like to see some 15-16's getting somewhere. i know it's because people commonly think just because they are young they are going to be rubbish.

But nevertheless these guys are great and I see them going places.thumbs up
January 30, 2012 02:52PM
When Converge started playing out, I wasn't much older than 13 or 14.
We were terrible, but trying to make relevant noise. More people need to do that in my opinion.

Thanks.

-J.

Yes, I agree with you greatly. I my self am a 16 year old looking for others to play with but still no luck but i still keep try and one day I hope to be the one on stage calling the circle pits
February 04, 2012 10:48AM
Keep doing what you love.

-J.

March 18, 2012 10:39PM
Caught these guys in Memphis the other night. got some cool shots. will be uploading them as soon as i can. I shoot film so it will take a couple of days for me to get into a dark room haha... great band live. can't wait for the new album.

Vinyl List: [www.deadformat.net] Trade with me!!!
April 10, 2012 09:48PM
Bands slays. Played a showcase with them during sxsw. Blew me away completely.

-jf
April 25, 2012 03:42PM
Glad you dig them.
They are something super interesting to all of us here.

-J.

I think the issue is that the landscape has changed with all the technology it helps some but dampers others, 13 or 14 is when I started playing guitar, I didn't have my first band til 3 years later, I feel like if we had actually made the leap and gone on a tour I'd be in a different place, but it was a high school band so it fell apart before that happened, we used to fill clubs back then, now I'm 24 and have trouble getting local shows, because it's so clicky around here, I post music here every once in a while, not many people react to, I've always been told by random people "you clearly aren't looking to make commercial music" which is weird statement to make, I make what comes out of me, and I'm not giving up in any sense of the word, just the place where music has shifted with all this technology is strange, the playing field I feel like used to be if you went on tour enough and got noticed, people would see that and help you out because of that, where as now everyone and their mother can just upload music and the economy is so bad that, if quit my decent job and tour just didn't work out, it might ruin me financially, as this job is the best paying job I could ever possibly get, I don't know, sorry for the rant?
to stay more relevant I dig what these kids are doing, and they started in the best way, when they were kids, where adult problems don't interfere with their music
July 23, 2012 02:55PM
Adult responsibilities definitely complicate playing music and making art, but they don't have to fully stop it.
I personally use these things as motivation and inspiration.

Good luck in your music.

-J.

thanks I'm playing at the palladium on august 17th, should be interesting
September 18, 2012 11:31AM
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, preorders soon? thought this was going up at the end of the summer. still getting it, just running kinda low on funds and dont wanna miss out.
September 22, 2012 10:40PM
News soon.

-J.

September 25, 2012 03:53PM
NPR Music premiers "Liars // Trudge" from Code Orange Kids, new album soon: [www.npr.org]

October 11, 2012 06:41PM
Can't wait for the new album. It slays! So damn good!

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login