Home > Deathtalk > Topic > Page 2
Re: TOUCHE AMORE join the Deathwish family, new album out in 2011!!!
December 25, 2010 10:28PM
I honestly think that is just the way his voice is. I had seen them during SXSW and in numerous videos and his voice has always sounded like that. He could have just been really sick...for 6 months...
December 26, 2010 02:01PM
screaming all the time does that to your voice, I've heard him speak normally at a show in someone's driveway at Fest
January 27, 2011 03:52PM
Touche Amore will enter the studio in February to record their new album, "Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me".

"Parting The Sea…" will be recorded by acclaimed engineer Ed Rose at his Black Lodge Recording Studio in Eudora, Kansas. Ed is known for his acclaimed recordings of The Appleseed Cast, The Get Up Kids, The Casket Lottery, Small Brown Bike, Coalesce, and many more.

On recording with Ed Rose, vocalist Jeremy Bolm said, "We are very excited to get to work with Ed Rose, he has an unmatched ability to drive out some of the cleanest but heaviest sounding records. He was first on our list of people to work with and we're thrilled to have the opportunity".

Touche Amore "Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me" CD/LP/DL will be released later this year on Deathwish.

02/06: Los Angeles, CA @ The Roxy (Benefit for One Life One Chance) w/ H2O, Set Your Goals, and more
03/20: Dallas, TX @ Club Dada w/ Wild Flag, The Greenhorns, Dom

-J.

Re: Official: TOUCHE AMORE "Parting the Sea..." Thread
March 22, 2011 11:17AM
Touche Amore "Amends" Live video in Austin, TX (new song from upcoming album)

[deathwishinc.com]

-J.

March 30, 2011 05:35PM

CD, LP, Deluxe LP, and Digital available June 7th, 2011

Touche Amore are a thought provoking, passionate hardcore/punk band from Los Angeles, California.

From the first strikes of their angular yet melodic chords, it's apparent that Touche Amore have awoken something long forgotten in the hardcore/punk genre. Bringing to mind the balance of rage and melody that "Revolution Summer" era DC bands Rites of Spring and Ignition once carried. Within each song they build an awe inspiring musical tension while impassioned vocalist Jeremy Bolm's shouts resonate, ripe with intellectual introspection. This collective outpouring of traditional hardcore anger and emotional hardcore openness ultimately coalesces into something beautiful, vulnerable, and refreshingly real.

Shortly after their formation in late 2007, Touché Amoré released their demo 7"EP on the No Sleep label. After touring the West Coast in support of that release, they recorded their debut album "...To the Beat of a Dead Horse" in early 2009. The album was co-released by the 6131 and Collect (Geoff from Thursday's vinyl only imprint) record labels, and was praised by kids and press worldwide as one of the best releases of the year. Soon after, they hit the road with a wide variety of bands including Converge, Coalesce, Thursday, Envy, and more. On the heels of these travels, Touché Amoré even managed to release a number of EPs, including splits with friends La Dispute and Make Do And Mend.

Deathwish are proud to announce the release of Touche Amore's latest album, "Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me".

In February of 2011, Touche Amore piled into their beat up tour van in an Los Angeles suburb and set off on a twenty six hour journey to Eudora, Kansas. With a population of just over four thousand people, Eudora may be a peculiar place for a punk band to go, but nestled in its rural isolation is acclaimed engineer Ed Rose and his Black Lodge Studios (formerly Redhouse Recording Studio). There under Rose's attentive ears, Touche Amore poured their patchwork soul into their latest work, "Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me".

In "Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me", Touche Amore's creative formula is driven by emotional affect, not contemporary studio effects. In the purest form possible, raw shouted vocals and clean manic guitars fight for volume over roomy bass and percussion. Creating a sound that is shockingly simple as it is emotionally engaging. The serene and fragile opening notes of "Tilde" serve as the album's introductory serenade before Touche Amore pound and jangle into the hook-laden song. And seconds later, when vocalist/lyricist Jeremy Bolm screams "...I'm parting the sea between brightness and me...", a tone of desperation sets in that resonates throughout the duration of the album. His straight forward cries convincingly tell his own personal story. To some, this lyrical writing could read as a diary based purely in self deprecation, but his words cut and pull from a much deeper place in the heart. Serving as an open window into his constant soul searching amid life's constant trials and tribulations. Songs like "Home Away From Here" and "Sesame" are great examples of this, infectious in their sound and moving lyrical spirit. While "Method Act" and the emotional "Condolences" show the band experimenting with epic leanings while maintaining their beloved trademark character. Without a doubt, Touche Amore's "Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me" is a stunning full length achievement on any scale. Proving that there is true beauty within the concept of artistic simplicity.

-J.

March 30, 2011 09:23PM
interested in what the "deluxe LP" differences are... can't wait to see/hear/experience this album...
March 30, 2011 10:18PM
Garth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> interested in what the "deluxe LP" differences
> are...

- phoenix.
March 31, 2011 09:22AM
june cant come soon enough
April 05, 2011 10:12AM
So excited to hear this!

[www.deadformat.net]
April 15, 2011 01:33PM

TOUCHE AMORE "Tilde" from "Parting the Sea..." released: [soundcloud.com]

-J.

April 15, 2011 01:39PM
tilde is soooooooo good. cant wait for the preorders to launch....everything about this release is awesome.
April 15, 2011 08:16PM
New track is soooooo fucking good. Such a clean recording.

- phoenix.
April 17, 2011 04:04AM
Pre-orders soon? The wait is killing me and the new track is constantly on repeat, teasing me.

- phoenix.
DK
April 18, 2011 04:26PM
So far sounds like they recorded the same album for a second time.

Slow guitar lick followed by quick drum roll followed by catchy one-liner lyrics for kids to get wet over.

-DK
April 18, 2011 07:18PM
hey guy... hey....
April 22, 2011 01:39PM
DK Wrote:
> So far sounds like they recorded the same album
> for a second time.
>
> Slow guitar lick followed by quick drum roll
> followed by catchy one-liner lyrics for kids to
> get wet over.
>
> -DK

Haha, this is kind of true but I still like Tilde or ~ and Amends alot. I think these songs are way better than the songs on the beat of a dead horse. I think this album is the one im looking forward to the most this summer smiling bouncing smiley Would love to see them in Europe too, esp. in Brighton that would be great. luv da city, luv da beach

Since everyone is talking about preorders, has it been mentioned anywhere that this will go up as a pre-order??
April 23, 2011 01:55PM
All bands are formulaic as that's what makes a band have a recognizable character.
Criticizing them for the appeal of that character since it appeals to a wide variety of people, is a juvenile argument.

So yeah, listen and enjoy, or search out other music that effects you, it's that simple.
As for DW, we are beyond stoked on it.

Thanks.

-J.

April 23, 2011 02:02PM
damn every time i see Jake post an update in this thread i hope its to announce preorders have gone up sad smiley
April 23, 2011 02:05PM
im just repeating myself:

Since everyone is talking about preorders, has it been mentioned anywhere that this will go up as a pre-order??
April 23, 2011 03:00PM
jgsteffensen Wrote:
> im just repeating myself:
>
> Since everyone is talking about preorders, has it
> been mentioned anywhere that this will go up as a
> pre-order??

FEN1XD0WN Wrote:
> damn every time i see Jake post an update in this
> thread i hope its to announce preorders have gone
> up sad smiley

so no
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login