Re: ANOTHER fake Jane Doe?
February 09, 2011 02:54AM
If anyone here put their ebay standing on the line in order to spare some unsuspecting schmoe from getting ripped off, well, I want to give you a sweet record or shirt or something.
February 09, 2011 08:14AM
Just saw the ending price. $1,025.00!!!

That's a spicy meatball for a fake! Damn!

So...Andrew...did you or didn't you?

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
February 09, 2011 10:50AM
What if this actually is the real 27? There is one out there. It was kellums buddy.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
February 09, 2011 11:09AM
I contacted Kellum's buddy. He has an account here and at EB, and his e-mail address is not hard to find. He confirmed that his 27 (the original) is still hanging on his wall. So no way this was the legit one.

Also, assuming there was some anonymous infiltrator(s) working on this auction, it would have been better if it went for 9,500 or something ridiculous, so no one thought it was real. The price it is at now is surely crazy, but I'm sure some people are thinking it could be real, where an ending bid of a million would have tipped the hat to everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 11:12AM by andrew.
February 09, 2011 11:47AM
This one...which is legit...has the potential to get up there in price...

[cgi.ebay.com]

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
March 02, 2011 02:26PM
@Andrew, what makes it a fake? How can you tell? I think I just got one, but it is not numbered 027. Also, did the print come from HB, CA?

Thanks and appreciated!!!
August 04, 2013 11:52AM
[cgi.ebay.com]

Just an alert that someone has listed one of the Kellum FAKE Jane Doe's on eBay. So please, if you were watching this auction or don't know the back story. DO NOT BUY THIS PRINT. Unless you want to waste $400 on a cheap forgery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login