Home > Deathtalk > Topic
films you should see
May 02, 2010 05:12PM
having netflx on xbox live has really changed the way i've watched films and the amount. started today with the search for spock, but been watching documentaries since then and i'll just list off:

confessions of a superhero
skid row
reprise
born into brothels
live nude girls

confessions, fuck, this documentary is so depressing. i lived in LA for awhile and always wondered these people's stories and here's the perfect documentary on it. unlike 90% of the docs out there, it's a well made documentary, well shot, edited and has good pacing. the lighting in the superman interviews is so depressing. the guy who plays batman freaking out on people who don't tip, crazy as hell. the girl playing superwoman and trying to get acting jobs, wow. well made documentary in a dark light.

skid row is a film on the homeless district in LA, the most notorious in the states. a member of the fugees goes undercover for a week living in the downtown slum, with a tent and 9 dollars. takes you inside the drug addiction, the rapes and the poverty.

live nude girls is about the lusty lady, a strip club in san francisco. which has now been expanded to one in seattle. focuses on the first stripper union movement in the united states during the late 90s.
Re: films you should see
May 03, 2010 01:25AM
if you haven't seen either Driver 23 or American Movie, I highly recommend you watch both.

Both have good film making elements and extremely interesting characters...and oddly similar.

- Ryan

"Laugh and the world laughs with you; Weep and you weep alone." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
May 03, 2010 06:22AM
The Secret Glory
May 03, 2010 08:07AM
naked states. another great documentary. about an artist photographing people nude in public in every state.
May 03, 2010 08:30PM
reprise rules.
May 05, 2010 07:22AM
any of Paul Thomas Anderson's films.

- phoenix.
May 07, 2010 10:33AM
Baader-Meinhof Complex (2008). About the RAF, left wing terrorist group from Western Germany during their rise in the early 70s and height of attacks in 77. Great writing, great performances, and some really good insight to the events that took place back then. Highly recommended.

Also: Limits of Control (2009) by Jim Jarmusch is another great new film.
May 07, 2010 04:12PM
this film is not yet rated. great documentary on the mpaa rating system and the questions surrounding it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login