Home > Deathtalk > Topic
What is the absolute worst, most horrific place you've ever stayed in on tour?
April 30, 2010 12:02AM
Someone posted this topic on another board and some of the stories were pretty entertaining.....figured it was worth posting here.
Happened to a friend. He was on tour with Endstand and they were somewhere in Poland. It was time to eat and there were no plates around. He asked for a plate and the host grabbed a frisbee from the ground and poured some food on it: "here you go".
We were once touring with the chariot and becoming the archetype in europe, we stopped at leipzig in germany - i'm not saying the whole place was like this, but we were spooked out. the show was at a highwayside barn in the middle of nowhere, bordering a forest. having the whole day with nothing to do, we ventured into the forest where we found an old abandoned building with swastikas sprayed on it.. we ripped some of the borders off the windows and climbed in. in the middle, a staircase went down to the ground floor... then down again... then down again... then twice more. we were almost 5 stories underground and it was literally impossible to see through the dark. we found ourselves in some kind of underground tunnel, and had to use camera flash to light it up and try and remember where everything was to see where we were going.
I decided to call it a day and get the hell out of there when I found a fresh mound of topsoil in an otherwise empty room, on top of which stood a spade and a pair of work boots...
won't be forgetting that tour in a hurry!
DK
Re: What is the absolute worst, most horrific place you've ever stayed in on tour?
April 30, 2010 05:52PM
PLAGUEBEARER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We were once touring with the chariot and becoming
> the archetype in europe, we stopped at leipzig in
> germany - i'm not saying the whole place was like
> this, but we were spooked out. the show was at a
> highwayside barn in the middle of nowhere,
> bordering a forest. having the whole day with
> nothing to do, we ventured into the forest where
> we found an old abandoned building with swastikas
> sprayed on it.. we ripped some of the borders off
> the windows and climbed in. in the middle, a
> staircase went down to the ground floor... then
> down again... then down again... then twice more.
> we were almost 5 stories underground and it was
> literally impossible to see through the dark. we
> found ourselves in some kind of underground
> tunnel, and had to use camera flash to light it up
> and try and remember where everything was to see
> where we were going.
> I decided to call it a day and get the hell out of
> there when I found a fresh mound of topsoil in an
> otherwise empty room, on top of which stood a
> spade and a pair of work boots...
> won't be forgetting that tour in a hurry!

-DK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login