Home > Deathtalk > Topic
my love for converge
April 14, 2010 03:54PM
avatar
i will be flying from sacramento, california to helsinki, finland to see converge play at Notsuri on july 6th.

SO STOKED.
Re: my love for converge
April 14, 2010 09:38PM
You know, they are playing a few places closer to Sacramento...
Re: my love for converge
April 14, 2010 11:22PM
avatar
and be surrounded by fixies and hipsters in SF? no thanks.
ive been saving money for the past year to go to finland to see my brother, seeing converge is just an added plus.

it'll be my first time seeing them too.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 01:57AM
Cool, be sure to be on time to see the opening band Lighthouse Project (yes, I play in it) too.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 02:06AM
avatar
slurp
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 02:33AM
avatar
lewdyetti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know, they are playing a few places closer to
> Sacramento...


And what about YOOOOOOU guys, bring Graf Orlock if that split happens.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 03:14AM
I can't wait for these fixed-gear bicycle unkempt beard wayfarer hipster johnnie-come latelys and their future ex-gfs to sell their bike parts when they abandon the green scene.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 01:55PM
avatar
Sampo64700 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cool, be sure to be on time to see the opening
> band Lighthouse Project (yes, I play in it) too.

i will be there.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 02:27PM
andreasdelcarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't wait for these fixed-gear bicycle unkempt
> beard wayfarer hipster johnnie-come latelys and
> their future ex-gfs to sell their bike parts when
> they abandon the green scene.


I can't believe how well put this is.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 06:20PM
avatar
sigh @ not getting the silkscreened you fail me vinyl.

- phoenix.
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 07:35PM
avatar
check out kerava tattoo and go to combat rock shop. i was in finland a few years ago for a couple months and i went here a couple times. they have a shit load of converge merch and vinyl as well as a lot of other hardcore and punk records. watch out for the dancers. they've got their own nordic style up there because hardcore hasnt caught on much as far as style, etc but it's kinda cool because they just appreciate everything that comes through. and also, eat some kebab while you're there. it's the fucking best.
DK
Re: my love for converge
April 15, 2010 10:40PM
avatar
Dude, hop on 50 up to the Hazel exit and toss me in a large piece of luggage on your way to SMF.

-DK
Re: my love for converge
April 16, 2010 05:43AM
I'd rather go to legacy tattoo or tatuata for some ink.
Re: my love for converge
April 16, 2010 03:32PM
avatar
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> check out kerava tattoo and go to combat rock
> shop. i was in finland a few years ago for a
> couple months and i went here a couple times. they
> have a shit load of converge merch and vinyl as
> well as a lot of other hardcore and punk records.
> watch out for the dancers. they've got their own
> nordic style up there because hardcore hasnt
> caught on much as far as style, etc but it's kinda
> cool because they just appreciate everything that
> comes through. and also, eat some kebab while
> you're there. it's the fucking best.

yeah my brothers been living there for the past 8 or 9 years though playing for helsinki's basketball team and working for Nokia headquarters, not sure exactly what he does but he go to things such as SXSW and Live 8 fest to promote nokia. i will forsure check out combat now, converge merch=major plus. all i want to do is stage dive to converge and hear them play last light. i hear finland beer is extremely tasty. im waiting for my passport to arrive though.
Re: my love for converge
April 21, 2010 10:46AM
avatar
Lighthouse Project rule, totally check them out.
i cant find any of their demos or anything online. is there any place i can order an LP or something from?
Re: my love for converge
April 21, 2010 01:47PM
Yo fatalitas, hit me up with email to info(├Ąt)lighthouseproject(dot)net and let's work something out. We still have all of our releases available.
Re: my love for converge
April 21, 2010 05:22PM
avatar
Sampo64700 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd rather go to legacy tattoo or tatuata for some
> ink.


cause i'm so sure you've been to kerava.
Re: my love for converge
April 21, 2010 06:30PM
Whatever, Kerava just happens to be a whole different town about 30min train ride away from Helsinki. The places i mentioned earlier are quite near the venue.
Re: my love for converge
April 21, 2010 11:30PM
Seeing them with thursday next friday, so im pretty content
Re: my love for converge
April 22, 2010 03:55AM
thats gonna be one hell of a trip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login