Home > Deathtalk > Topic
UFC 112 Picks
April 03, 2010 08:56PM
Main Card

Silva > Maia
Penn > Edgar
Hughes > Gracie (although I'd sell a kidney to see Highes get beat here)
Etim > Dos Anjos (not that sure about this one)
Grove > Munoz (not sure about this one either)
Re: UFC 112 Picks
April 03, 2010 09:44PM
You really don't think Gracie is gonna submit Hughes?
April 04, 2010 09:49AM
Hughes has pretty good subdefence and he steam rolled royce, renzo is better than royce but is getting pretty old and has been inactive. Im surprised anyone would think renzo would win. though id LOVE it.
April 04, 2010 12:08PM
Royce was in the very first UFC. Of course he's too old for that. that was all publicity. Come out and even if you get beat you'll make a good chunk. Renzo maybe getting up there too but he's not that past his prime, and Matt Hughes has been going down hill for the last 4 years. A win over an old timer like Gracie isn't something to write home about. I think it'll be a good match up but if Hughes could submit renzo I'd be shocked. I think the 3 main fights including this one, are so one sided it's not even worth ordering. Silva will knock out Maia in the first round like his last 6 fights, Penn will dominate Edgar, and Renzo will submit Hughes. I'm
not excited for any fights really until July at UFC 116. Lesnar and Carwin. Krzystof vs Bonnar. Wanderlai vs Yoshihiro. Gonna be a great fucking card.
April 05, 2010 12:00AM
i dont see hughes submitting him, i imagine gnp till ref stops or a boring decision but ill be eatching closely cos i wouldnt want to miss Renzo pulling off the upset
April 10, 2010 07:16PM
well that was a weird ppv
April 12, 2010 10:35AM
Cash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well that was a weird ppv

I could reiterate what I have said on another board, but this sums it up.
April 14, 2010 01:26PM
Yeah. Really disappointed in Silva pulling that shit. And BJ, dude where was he Saturday night? United Arab Emirates does weird shit to people. Gracie looked so pathetic. Such a bummer.
April 15, 2010 06:07PM
BJ had been sick and was on antibiotics, you can see he had big black rings under his eyes coming in and he wasnt slapping his chin and bobbing at the beginning. That being said, according to fight metric statistics he won the forst 3 rounds easily, landing many more strikes. and won the 4th narrowly but couldve been called even. Only losing the 5th round. I smell rematch. i loves the first 2 rounds of the Silva match but then it bacame a farce. If he had finished Maia in the 3rd evereyone wouldve gone home happy but he just coasted.
April 15, 2010 07:22PM
Which is the weird thing because he could have finished him with one quick kick or punch. he knocked griffin out with a push basically. the guy is flawless. i just think that the middle east was the fact. the heat, the jetlag, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login