Where ever I have lived, I've always hated my neighbors...
March 24, 2010 03:37PM
When I was a kid lived in the most boring street in the world. Hardly any other kids around only boring old-heads and a daycare facility full of crying infants.
When I moved to Ghent the first time i ended up in a weird dormish kinda place. My neighbors sucked, they were all in the first year of college, either total nerds or totally into being students, listening to eurodance and drinking beer with their dumb friends.
Fastforward 1 year, moved into a new place, tried to ignore my neighbors which kinda worked until a couple of months down the line where i was still ignoring them and they eventually started hating me, which was kinda cool actually.
Next place I lived at didn't have any neighbors and then after 2 years some dude moved in above me and decided it was a good idea to STOMP around the house instead of walking.
Fast foward to my current address (3 weeks remaining on the lease), I live in a nice and quiet dead end street, in a house that is actually pretty nice. The catch is, the neighbors are like fucking gremlins only it's not that i can't make them wet or feed them after midnight, no, as soon as the sun comes out they all open their windows, blast the stereo and then proceed to sit outside till midnight listening to shitty music....

Moving Out in 3 weeks, i'm totally stoked however with my luck there should be a family with 3 newborn babies nextdoor, an old lady beneath me that needs to turn the TV set up to 90 and a dude with an elephant pet on the floor above me..

Vince

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 03:41PM by vincent.
Re: Where ever I have lived, I've always hated my neighbors...
March 25, 2010 12:14AM
I have these neighbors that live easily 8 or so houses down the block and just love calling the cops on us when we are practicing. It is clearly no bother to them but they just love knowing they shut us down I guess. It has happened 3 times now since i've moved in this house.
March 25, 2010 02:14AM
I'm pretty sure up until now, I've been the shitty neighbor. At my last place my roommates and I had weight benches on the front AND back porch, shitty broken-down cars in the backyard (our landlords, not ours, not that it matters) and once we threw four basement shows in one week for touring bands, all of which were shut down by the cops of course but luckily all but one of the bands were on their last song. That house was the only one on the street built before 1990 in a predominantly Mormon, very upscale neighborhood and it was a fucking blast living there. We also went seven months without heat or hot water and the day we moved out we set fire to our 80's big screen on the front lawn because nobody wanted to haul it anywhere.

I'm just waiting for my karma comeuppance for that whole period. Now I rent a room on a nice street from a nice lady and I'm quiet as a church mouse and I take out her trash and shovel our walks when it snows, so hopefully nobody thinks I'm a bad neighbor now.

"I am as desirous of being a good neighbor as I am of being a bad subject." - Henry David Thoreau
March 25, 2010 03:41AM
my next door neighbour now is an old dude from australia who plays cello for the London Philamonic Orchestra. Until this point I have always had shitty neighbours, but now, im definately a worse neighbour than he is.

- alex
March 25, 2010 02:35PM
I have a new batch of business school as neighbors every year. they blast shitty music, puke in the stairs, they growl on arctic monkeys while playing guitar hero, throw furniture at themselves (sounds like that if not). neighbor from below knock on the ceiling at 10 PM when my girl and I decide kisses are not enough, or when we have friends for dinner.
undisputed attitude at 11 from 8am til 12 is fair trade to me.
March 25, 2010 06:40PM
Worse place l ever lived, was a trailer park. Yes seemed like a good idea, cheap rent, no council tax etc. Big mistake, trailer next door was beavis & butthead types playing shitty techno, barking dog and growing 'plants'. Trailer was freezing cold & damp, started dating a girl who promptly dumped me as soon as she found out where l lived.
March 25, 2010 09:30PM
I have pretty cool neighbors. They're pretty laid back but won't completely ignore you if you go up and try to start a small conversation, which is where you want neighbors to usually be. And they always never bother me when the cops drop me off at 2 in the morning, which is even better tongue sticking out smiley.
March 25, 2010 11:47PM
My new apartment neighbors(floor below) like to wrap a thick tow strap around two trees and then balance their shirtless selves on it, two at a time. All this while a dog is tied up to a tree barking at pedestrians and dogs walking by. They are rowdy, play the crap local hard rock station on their boombox, and wildout. I hear about their youtube plans all the time as well. I could shut it down by notifying the apartment managers, but I'm holding out for someone to get hurt first.
March 26, 2010 04:46PM
I think what you're referring to is called slack lining. You can't go to a park in this city and not see shirtless, dreadlocked climber types doing this everywhere.
March 26, 2010 08:21PM
I thougt it was chain riding. where you use those chains in those shitty, chain and post fences. atleast thats what its called in the hood.
March 29, 2010 01:32AM
I live in the white trash ghetto in my lovely town. By that I mean my neighborhood consists mostly of the hillbillies from surrounding towns that make the move to the "big city". There are a few abandoned houses down my block which I know have been squatted in a few times. My dreadlocked neighbor is dealing and I know this because there are constantly cars making five minute stops at his house. Oh, and he has boarded up his windows with plywood because he pissed someone off in another big town. The African family across the street lets their kids play in one of the abandoned house porches. Oh and I've seen their four year old hanging out with the other kids naked from the waist down more than once. One awesome neighbor likes to gun his lame as car with white rims and glass pack exhaust (which is extremely loud to the unknowing) and then get into screaming matches with his girlfriend in the street at night. I'm scared to leave my dog on a chain for any length of time because she's small and someone occasionally let's their emaciated looking pitbull loose and wander around the neighborhood (I'd call animal control if they wouldn't put it down just because it's a pitbull). I've almost been hit while riding my bike down the road because I "need to get on the fucking sidewalk." I gladly get them all back from time to time with a rowdy party and drunk people outside until 5am. Alas, I stay here for the cheap rent, the relatively cozy home, and the safe feeling I have knowing I have a loaded 12 gauge shotgun under the bed at night.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login