Just listened to the latest deathcast
February 28, 2010 02:13PM
avatar
Have to say I'm heartbroken I will no longer get to hear Nicole do the episodes. But Jake, you did do a pretty good job. Have to say I dug the Lewd Acts song even though the singer made an ass of himself at the Trial show in Seattle back in April by trying to hit people in the face with the mic and almost drunkenly fell off the stage.

Any hints at who the next guest will be? I vote for Nate for the next one. As long as he lists his favorite Swedish crust bands. And deathwish releasing Kylesa material? Fuck yeah.
DK
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
February 28, 2010 05:35PM
avatar
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have to say I'm heartbroken I will no longer get
> to hear Nicole do the episodes. But Jake, you did
> do a pretty good job. Have to say I dug the Lewd
> Acts song even though the singer made an ass of
> himself at the Trial show in Seattle back in April
> by trying to hit people in the face with the mic
> and almost drunkenly fell off the stage.
>
> Any hints at who the next guest will be? I vote
> for Nate for the next one. As long as he lists his
> favorite Swedish crust bands. And deathwish
> releasing Kylesa material? Fuck yeah.

I've seen Lewd Acts a handful of times now.

I saw him wrap the mic cord around his neck and tension snap that 20 ft. SOB @ the Gilman. Was pretty gnarly.

Great "acts". That said, if you've seen them once, you've seen them a million times. Exactly the way I feel about Ceremony and Trash Talk, though my respect for anything Trash Talk amounts to about the same as a snake's belly. Its no fun for the crowd when you look like you've scripted yourselves for 20 minutes rather than jamming. At least switch it up from time to time.

-DK
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
February 28, 2010 06:15PM
avatar
I think it's funny that singer of Trash Talk acts like that now when 4 years ago he was the class president at a high school in Bakersfield and wore like abercrombie gear. My thing with Ceremony is I can't figure out why the majority of their fans are girls. I know like one dude who likes them. And the 2 times I've seen em, the audience was like 70% female.
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
February 28, 2010 08:27PM
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's funny that singer of Trash Talk acts
> like that now when 4 years ago he was the class
> president at a high school in Bakersfield and wore
> like abercrombie gear. My thing with Ceremony is I
> can't figure out why the majority of their fans
> are girls. I know like one dude who likes them.
> And the 2 times I've seen em, the audience was
> like 70% female.


Maybe they got big cocks. thumbs down
DK
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 12:50AM
avatar
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's funny that singer of Trash Talk acts
> like that now when 4 years ago he was the class
> president at a high school in Bakersfield and wore
> like abercrombie gear. My thing with Ceremony is I
> can't figure out why the majority of their fans
> are girls. I know like one dude who likes them.
> And the 2 times I've seen em, the audience was
> like 70% female.


Lee is from Grass Valley/Auburn, or at least I know he resides there now when he is not in a van. Regardless, not a shred of respect from my behalf.

I enjoy Violence Violence and some of Scared People, and Im a dude...I think.

-DK
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 04:15AM
avatar
I Think both bands are great.

- Garrett
DK
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 11:30AM
avatar
TigerToesTwo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Think both bands are great.


You MIGHT be from So-Cal then, just an assumption.
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 01:36PM
avatar
thank you to trash talk, sacramento gets no love.
atleast we still have ktd.
Tom
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 04:07PM
From an east coast male: ceremony and lewd acts are great.
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 01, 2010 04:43PM
avatar
I agree w/ Tom.

-J.

Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 02, 2010 01:44PM
avatar
DK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TigerToesTwo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I Think both bands are great.
>
>
> You MIGHT be from So-Cal then, just an assumption.

Yep
Why?

- Garrett
Re: Just listened to the latest deathcast
March 04, 2010 10:05PM
I love Trash Talk. Maybe it's because I'm from around the philly area and havent got to see them play yet. Any reason they don't do shows in philly?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login