hatred surge
February 22, 2010 11:25PM
good grindcore from austin. just picked up their split with insect warfare and deconstruct LP on vinyl from encore records here in austin. have to say i haven't been this amped on a grind band aside from insect warfare from houston since i heard scum for the first time when i was 14. i guess for now texas is the place for american grind.
Re: hatred surge
February 23, 2010 08:31AM
Yeah Austin has become this beacon for excellent grind/pv/HC bands, even some pretty good Black Metal ones as well.
February 23, 2010 09:22AM
Great band.

-J.

February 23, 2010 10:46PM
Great band, but I actually like a side project of the several of the members' more-- Mammoth Grinder!

I live in Louisiana, so I get to see quite a few TX bands, and there are some great ones out there. Insect Warfare might be my all time favorite, but they are defunct, and now I can't seem to get enough of Kill The Client.
February 23, 2010 11:24PM
what about Magrudergrind?
February 23, 2010 11:32PM
Not from TX, but they put out the best album of the year last year, in my opinion. DC grind.
cc
February 24, 2010 12:06PM
mammoth grinder is not a side project, they're also 3,000 million times better than magrubergrind.

chris, guitarist and vocalist of MammothGrinder is also the guitarplayer in hatred surge, alex, who used to be the sole member of hatred surge and n ow sings and plays bass, played bass on an MG tour.

they're not really a grind band, more like "hear nothing..." era discharge style drumming/pacing, with carnage/terrorizer style riffs/vocals. even though it's similar to terrorizer though, there's not blasting. their lp last year "EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY" was one of the best surprises. unexpectedly awesome, esp since i didnt think a band with a name like Mammoth Grinder would be that enjoyable.
February 24, 2010 12:19PM
cc's subtlety kills me every time.

-J.

cc
February 24, 2010 01:13PM
god made me this way.

i seriously love mammoth grinder and the surge though. whenst the grinder was in town in january i demo'd a punishing new jam for them and a rorschach cover for a comp. 1st rate blokes.
February 24, 2010 03:51PM
well i was just mentioning another grind band not putting anyone down, i love mammoth grinder too.
February 24, 2010 08:10PM
Ok, well I guess I said side project because I learned of Hatred Surge first. And no they aren't a grind band, they are a go hillbomb on your skateboard band.
cc
February 24, 2010 09:46PM
it's all good thumbs uptongue sticking out smiley
February 25, 2010 10:39AM
hate! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great band, but I actually like a side project of
> the several of the members' more-- Mammoth
> Grinder!
>
> I live in Louisiana, so I get to see quite a few
> TX bands, and there are some great ones out there.
> Insect Warfare might be my all time favorite, but
> they are defunct, and now I can't seem to get
> enough of Kill The Client.

Cleptocracy was an insane album. I can't wait for their new one.
February 25, 2010 03:27PM
mammoth grinder is great. they're playing here in town tonight but i'm going to see a storm of light instead since mammoth is local and is playing twice next month. i was gonna pick up their debut on vinyl but got hatred surge instead. and if i put grinder into any subgenre it'd have to be d-beat/crust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login