Americanframe.com questions.
February 12, 2010 11:53PM
I'm thinking about ordering some frames from here when i get my tax returns.
Do the frame the art, do I send it to them or should I do it myself?
I'm a little confused as to how it all works if I want to frame a print myself.
Is there anyway to get special glass from them? spacers?
would it just be easier to have them do it or someone else?
i'm looking to frame a few 18x24 prints, maybe a Bannon print..
Lemme know what sorts of experiences you've all had.
Re: Americanframe.com questions.
February 13, 2010 12:13AM
Well i have two Derek Hess prints and I simply put them in frames from walmart does the trick for only 10 bucks a piece.
February 13, 2010 01:25AM
18 x 24 is a standard frame size that you can get locally from a hobby lobby, michaels, etc. you can also usually have those places sell you spacers or cut mattes if you ask.

if you have an oddball size print that is not a standard size (like axe to fall or our circle is vicious), thats where americanframe comes in handy. the only catch is that theyll only cut mattes for pieces that are up t 38" tall or wide so any bigger than that, they'll do the frame but youll either need to get spacers or a matte cut locally. they dont use glass, they use plexi. you can get standard or uv / anti glare but its more expensive. probably goes without saying that youll want acid free / archival mattes and backing if you care enough to preserve the print. ive never seen americanframe offer spacers. hope this helps.

edit: oh, and you dont send them the art. you order the frame and do that yourself. the frame will come assembled, you drop in the plexi, matte (if you ordered one), your print, backing, and wire it up. so measure twice and make sure youve got your dimensions correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 01:29AM by mattisr1984.
February 14, 2010 09:58PM

To people who dig prints, sign up to our brand new newsletter. We have some very cool stuff coming up.

[eepurl.com]

Thank you.

organicanagram.com/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login