What do you think the best Entombed album is?
February 09, 2010 03:51PM
In your opinion.
Re: What do you think the best Entombed album is?
February 09, 2010 04:12PM
They all have their place in my opinion (even "Same DIfference"winking smiley
I tend to listen to Clandestine, Wolverine Blues, and Uprising the most.

-J.

February 09, 2010 04:46PM
Im real into Left Hand Path.
So heavy.
al
February 09, 2010 05:02PM
Uprising was my gateway to Entombed. But Wolverine Blues is up there with it.
February 09, 2010 06:17PM
I just recently dusted off 'Wolverine Blues'...that fuckin' record still holds up. So that gets my vote.

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
February 09, 2010 07:42PM
yeah like jake said, it's hard to pick just one because they all have different feels and inspired so many different subgenres. for just the death metal style, i probably have to say left hand path just because it was such a masterpiece at the time and pretty much was the powder keg for the swedish death scene. not only did it lead the way for all the other bands like unleashed, at the gates, grave, and dismember getting signed and getting out there, but technically it was just a great album. nicke's drumming at only 17 was really good. LG's vocal style was completely different than the New York, Florida, and UK styles and made the album stand out. as soon as you hear that title track it just blows you away. even though now you've got your Origin's, Spawn of Possesson's, and Nile's that technically blow a lot of old stuff out of the water, you can pick up an album like this and it's still so relevant and so fucking heavy. that buzzsaw guitar from sunlight studios, so raw, so heavy. and then you've got wolverine blues. jeez i could go on forever about how great that album is. how flawlessly they went from clandestine to this album and just took death metal to where it had never gone before. jake, you guys should cover that song again when you come to austin.

"you will never gain my trust"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 11:02PM by harkonnen.
February 09, 2010 09:39PM
I would love seeing Converge cover that or doin that Snowblind cover.
February 10, 2010 02:44AM
uprising!
February 10, 2010 09:30AM
Clandestine
February 10, 2010 09:44AM
wolverine blues gets my vote
February 10, 2010 09:48AM
Another vote for Uprising.
February 10, 2010 11:02AM
Haha awesome, I'm plowing through all the Entombed I have right now and I saw this thread. While the classics stick out the most I have to say that Serpent Saints - Ten Commandments is a fucking great album as well.
February 10, 2010 05:11PM
How about those tour dates with Merauder just announced? Only the northeast and a little Midwest so fat but it's looking like I'll have to make the drive to
Chicago. I was planning on flying out to Maryland for Death Fest but between moving to Austin from LA, starting a new job, and student loan payments I simply won't have the cash. It's an 18 hour drive one way to Chi town but I honestly think it's worth it.
February 10, 2010 05:17PM
2 years ago I bought Left Hand Path on a whim, at a major store here they had 3 albums, figured I'd go with the oldest one which would be the best introduction. After that Clandestine & Wolverine Blues quickly followed. Clandestine being my favorite. Recently I bought Uprising, definitely right up there with the rest but Clandestine is an unbeatable album from my point of view.
February 10, 2010 08:41PM
Wolverine Blues is by far the best.
February 11, 2010 05:20AM
Odd...I had this conversation today. I think left hand path is my least favorite. I listen to uprising and morning star the most.
March 24, 2010 04:05PM
too cold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im real into Left Hand Path.
> So heavy.

This, This, and this.
March 24, 2010 09:25PM
The Black Juju 10" that came out on Mans Ruin is great. But i'll go with Wolverine Blues being the best.
March 25, 2010 05:59AM
Morningstar
A13
March 29, 2010 03:01PM
Wolverine Blues.

However, having said that... the band were at their best live on the TRSSASTT tour (I'd seen them on every album tour up to that point). The set list was incredible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login