Home > Deathtalk > Topic
powerviolence apreesh
February 05, 2010 06:52PM
avatar
i never hear much about this genre anymore but my hometown of hanford, california had a lot of pv/thrashcore bands and homed braindead records so it was easy to get into this genre when i was growing up.

classic bands have to be infest, charles bronson, man is the bastard, ultimate warriors and spazz of course. when i moved to san francisco in 2003 it was like thrash heaven, shows like scholastic deth, what happens next, voetsek, born/dead, and all the shows i got to see at gilman of bands from japan and europe. conga fury from japan, cripple bastards from italy (yeah, they're more grindcore but it was billed with powervolence bands) and unholy grave from japan, same deal as cripple bastards but pretty closely associated.

one modern band i liked is weekend nachos. got to see them with lack of interest when I lived in LA. also, chaos in tejas this year is gonna be great. iron lung from seattle, man is the bastard reunion, etc.
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 06, 2010 01:22AM
avatar


might have to make my way to Texas...
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 06, 2010 02:50AM
avatar
gonna be a good time. toxic holocaust, finally get to see those dudes.
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 06, 2010 06:48PM
A fantastic realm of intensity, I love powerviolence, I plan on writing and recording a PV album after my next grind full length.
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 07, 2010 02:53PM
avatar
GrindCynic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A fantastic realm of intensity, I love
> powerviolence, I plan on writing and recording a
> PV album after my next grind full length.

links to your band?
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 07, 2010 10:19PM
CROSSED OUT
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 08, 2010 02:54PM
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GrindCynic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A fantastic realm of intensity, I love
> > powerviolence, I plan on writing and recording
> a
> > PV album after my next grind full length.
>
> links to your band?

Hey man, I'd rather wait until I get the new one recorded. The last one was an improvement from my first output but it's not something I consider to represent where I am now and how much better the new material will come out. Meanwhile, if you live in the upstate new york region and want to be a in a grind band, I need an actual drummer haha. I use a drum program (Redrum) and I do everything else, guitars, vocals bass. I would love to put together an actual band, which I have but we aren't grind.
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 08, 2010 04:37PM
avatar
GrindCynic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> harkonnen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GrindCynic Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > A fantastic realm of intensity, I love
> > > powerviolence, I plan on writing and
> recording
> > a
> > > PV album after my next grind full length.
> >
> > links to your band?
>
> Hey man, I'd rather wait until I get the new one
> recorded. The last one was an improvement from my
> first output but it's not something I consider to
> represent where I am now and how much better the
> new material will come out. Meanwhile, if you live
> in the upstate new york region and want to be a in
> a grind band, I need an actual drummer haha. I use
> a drum program (Redrum) and I do everything else,
> guitars, vocals bass. I would love to put together
> an actual band, which I have but we aren't grind.

no man i'm in texas. but i do drum and would love to but i dunno how it'd work. what kind of grind are you into? i really like unholy grave, old carcass, and slower grind bands like that.
Re: powerviolence apreesh
February 08, 2010 09:00PM
harkonnen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GrindCynic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > harkonnen Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > GrindCynic Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > A fantastic realm of intensity, I love
> > > > powerviolence, I plan on writing and
> > recording
> > > a
> > > > PV album after my next grind full length.
> > >
> > > links to your band?
> >
> > Hey man, I'd rather wait until I get the new
> one
> > recorded. The last one was an improvement from
> my
> > first output but it's not something I consider
> to
> > represent where I am now and how much better
> the
> > new material will come out. Meanwhile, if you
> live
> > in the upstate new york region and want to be a
> in
> > a grind band, I need an actual drummer haha. I
> use
> > a drum program (Redrum) and I do everything
> else,
> > guitars, vocals bass. I would love to put
> together
> > an actual band, which I have but we aren't
> grind.
>
> no man i'm in texas. but i do drum and would love
> to but i dunno how it'd work. what kind of grind
> are you into? i really like unholy grave, old
> carcass, and slower grind bands like that.

Old Carcass was slow? haha.

Yknow man I had a metal album written with a friend and I was going to get a kid I know to do the drums and he lived about 2 and a half hours away, he was going to record his stuff using garage band when we were done tracking guitars (the other guitarist flaked on me so it never materialized). We could do something if we could figure it out, I wouldn't object to using my friend's studio to record guitars and send it your way. This sounds far fetched as I type it but people have made shit work with more distance than this.

Hit me up with your email and I'll send you some of the more notable tracks from the last release I put out on the 'full length' I made a year ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login