Home > Deathtalk > Topic
FUCK
January 04, 2010 09:03PM
So, today was such a great way to start off my fucking new year at work. FUCK! It started off like a normal day. Loading trucks, taking care of morons at the counter, then I have to put on my "psuedo-promotion" hat. Sitting in the sales office doing sales work. Calling people, selling shit and ordering shit and what not.

Then 10:00 rolls around and my boss walks up to me while im getting a cup of coffee and says, "we need to talk."

I think, "fuck, what did I do now? did I tell some old lady that her breath stinks?" He walks around to find a "quiet spot" in our office. Our office is not big. In fact, i have taken shits that are bigger than our office.

So then he begins to tell me that I have to be working back in the warehouse more. (I have been working in the warehouse for the last 8 years and even this past year while I got my "promotion"winking smiley He says I need to stay out of the office even though "im doing a great job" and he "wants me to be there."

I was like what the fuck? I took a promotion from this asshole last year to see how things work out. I didnt even get more money. I got 2x the responsibility and 2x the work now but I didnt get a penny more.

Then it really hits me on how fruitless this whole last year has been for me at work. What the fuck have I been doing all this bull shit for? I didnt get anything for it and in the end I just got bounced right the fuck back to what I was busting my ass doing for the previous 7 years.

It sucks when you realize how almost 10 years of your life has been for pretty much nothing.

He tells me its not a demotion. I guess your right if your "promotion" didnt come with any perks. No extra money, no key to the executive bathroom, no parking spot. etc. in the first place. (Those last 2 were sarcastic)

Sorry for my bullshit rant. Hope know one minded.

Oh yea, btw, happy fucking new year. I knew it would be the same old shit.
Re: FUCK
January 04, 2010 11:36PM
Taste the pain of nothings changed mate.

But seriously, I'm looking down the barrel of shit just getting worse so I cant talk, just decided to set my goals lower, this year if I have a band that isn't shit then I won at 2010.

----------
Masada. - NEW TRACKS UP - NEW EP OUT NEVER

It's been a long day, every day is too long.
January 05, 2010 05:54AM
3rd paragraph = pure gold.

- phoenix.
January 05, 2010 05:51PM
Well today aint much better. Im on the verge of blowing out my knee. I can feel it.

Day 2 with no smokes.

And everyone I bump into asking "whats the matter?" like they give a shit. Your total strangers. Go fuck yourself and leave me alone.

And I already have a band that doesnt amount to shit.

Yea I guess it could be worse. I could turn into a retard tomorrow.
January 05, 2010 10:06PM
the quitting smoking thing, while good, will turn you into an irritable asshole, which I know since I am doing the same thing. it'll be ok, just listen to in my eyes, or some shutdown and get all posi.
January 06, 2010 11:59AM
Sorry to hear all that mate. I totally hear where you're coming from. I have the winter blues and consequently issues with the lady. Band stuff... don't even get me started.

My advice, point your chin to the sky and take no prisoners. You either forge on like a viking or let it overcome you. I say raise your sword and go forth.

p.s. Maybe it's time to look for a new day job?
Tom
January 06, 2010 02:35PM
New job. If 10 years doing it didn't amount to anything....
January 06, 2010 06:44PM
New jobs in NY are easier said than done. Especially in my line of work. The thought has crossed my mind many a times.

Id love to get a new job, but Im in the plumbing/heating field and jobs are pretty scarce.

I feel im too old to start on something else. im over 30 and I cant really afford to go back to school and I cant afford a pay cut if I go into something else. I have a mortgage and a hot ass girlfriend to take care of. lol.

For fucks sake I still wanna be a baseball player when I grow up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login