Home > Deathtalk > Topic
Inglorious Basterds
August 24, 2009 04:41PM
i understand their is a current movie thread, BUT if you've seen this movie you'd agree it needs its own thread.

best movie i've seen in a long time, i give big ups to BJ Novak and Eli Roth.
the movie was long, but no part of it was boring, beats the hell out of District 9 and any other movies out in theatres.
Re: Inglorious Basterds
August 24, 2009 04:57PM
it was a great movie, it really was. it reminded me of guns of navvarone, bridge on the river kwai, and the great escape w/ its homage to intense drama and limited action over all. that sounded kinda smart right?

also, see THE GOODS, super super funny.
August 24, 2009 05:55PM
this film is awesome
the first scene and the bar scene has such a huge build up, loads of tension

but ive said it before *spoiler* the basterds should have survived the bar scene...

-darren
tru
August 24, 2009 06:11PM
bear jew
August 24, 2009 06:31PM
Loved it. I thought it was pretty much flawless. I was going in pretty stoked, I came out of it, even more stoked.
August 24, 2009 06:54PM
if Christopher Waltz doesn't get an oscar for this it is criminal. fantastic movie.
August 24, 2009 06:59PM
tarantino should get best movie of the year

amazing movie, the only movie i think that has a chance against this movie is The Road. pretty stoked for that movie.

"you what the sound of that is? it's the sound of my walther pointed at your testicles".
DK
August 24, 2009 08:21PM
Good flick
Just talking about it makes me want a glass of milk
-DK
August 24, 2009 08:32PM
Leaving work early to walk down and see this. Pretty stoked.
August 25, 2009 01:48AM
I was litterally cheering with my fists raised in the air during several parts of the movie. Anything involving the complete and utter destruction of Nazis is amazing, let alone highly stylized violence. Brad pitt was amazing as was the rest of the cast. The only thing it might have needed was more Nazi kiling, with baseball bats

"Shot? No. Oh you mean chewed out, yeah I've been chewed out befor."

xxx
August 25, 2009 03:00AM
just saw it again today for the 2nd time and it was even better. there was black commentary, can you say amazing? ****spoiler*** one of the commentary i loved was when the girl was getting choked out a guy behind me yelled out "it only takes 3 1/2 minutes to choke a bitch out not 10 minutes!"

"i hit that right outta fenway park bitches!"

i do agree Christopher Waltz did an amazing job.
August 25, 2009 03:44AM
tarantino is amazing.

- phoenix.
August 25, 2009 09:27AM
great movie. from time to time extremely funny. the underparts are more than cool (mike myers, bela b etc) and for me as a German it's good to see that it's finally possible to make fun of our history!
August 25, 2009 11:40AM
we've been making fun of your history for a long time man!

oh, and this movie was awesome.
August 25, 2009 01:41PM
I loved it. So good.

musica www.myspace.com/shankarviolence
August 25, 2009 05:09PM
For the most part I think Tarantino movies are giant pieces of shit. I don't think the dialogue is clever, the over the top violence is generic and always done better by horror directors but this movie ruled. Like other people said, it was tense almost the entire time and the dialogue was funny as hell. I can't remember the last time I was that invested in a movie.
August 26, 2009 08:50AM
jonas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we've been making fun of your history for a long
> time man!
>
> oh, and this movie was awesome.

yeah, of cause but it always seemed like we germans were not allowed to laugh with you...it's always a hard discussion about joking on hitler, wars etc etc
August 26, 2009 11:09AM
Am I the one whom thought about Jane Doe when I saw **SPOILER** Shosanna in the cinema screen ?

Very good movie btw.
Tom
August 26, 2009 05:07PM
i thought it was unbearable. i checked my watch maybe six times. i'm tired of every tarantino character talking the exact same way with different accents. and if your movie is made up of 10-11 straight up dialog sequences, character development is necessary. cartoon characters are fine if they're chopping the shit out of each other, but they're boring as fuck if i'm supposed to be interested in what they have to say.

and bear jew? come on guys. come on.

go see district 9.
August 26, 2009 05:54PM
Got this loaded onto my ipod for the flight to Belgium. Stoked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login