Home > Deathtalk > Topic
Manalive - No Profit in Suicide tape/7" (ensign, KYI, nora)
July 22, 2013 04:24AM
Bitter Melody Records and Goodwill Records are proud to be releasing Manalive's new EP "No Profit in Suicide" on cassette and vinyl.

The cassette is shipping now. The vinyl will be ready this FALL. The tape comes with a download code for the mp3s as well.

NJ's Manalive notably features Amit Sharma (Mother Night), Brian Meehan (Kill Your Idols, Milhouse, Celebrity Murders), Chris Ross (Ensign, Nora, Rain On The Parade), Nate Gluck (Vision, Ensign, For The Love Of…, The Fire Still Burns). They play hardcore in the vein of Deadguy, Strife, and Indecision. It's loud, heavy and pissed off. No pretense or posturing.

I've got just a handful of orange tapes for sale - the band will have the rest of these.

/25 orange cassettes
/75 purple cassettes

[bittermelodyrecords.limitedrun.com]

Toxicbreed's Funhouse will be premiering one of the new songs tomorrow. I'll post a link. I also have a handful of the first tape in my store.

Re: Manalive - No Profit in Suicide tape/7" (ensign, KYI, nora)
July 22, 2013 06:34PM
Toxicbreed's Funhouse is streaming the first song off the EP now.

[toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com]
July 30, 2013 11:31PM
[scobonixxx.blogspot.com]

First review:

In short, this e.p. completely slays. Manalive is a band that fully understands and utilizes the importance of what I'm gonna call a good "chug to harmonic ratio". You know what I mean, classic 90's style ala 108, One King Down, or "Steps"-era Snapcase. Throw in a bunch of weird little squeaks and squeals from the guitars, some fast, almost thrashy riffs (see the opener "Decade"winking smiley, a vocalist that sounds like a more pissed off version of Mr. Issa (trust me, this is a very good thing) and you've got one hell of a combo. There's even a short instrumental that features a riff that's been stuck in my head for days.

Lyrically, Amit tackles a host of topics that range from personal introspection ("Decade" & "Aesop Gymnastics"winking smiley to contempt for the medical industry "Carpetbagger MD" and really, contempt for others, haha ("Boyd Crowder"winking smiley. Anyway, they're to the point and well written.

Overall, this is a killer release and I'm hoping I get to see these guys in a live setting at some point. Check out a stream of "Boyd Crowder" here via Toxicbreed: [www.toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com]

Also, Bitter Melody Records has tapes up for sale now, and vinyl is going up soon (will be pre-ordering with fury). Get the goods here: [www.bittermelodyrecords.com]
August 06, 2013 09:46PM
bump.
October 16, 2013 01:52AM
These are finally in stock and available to ship. They will go up the store tomorrow.

bitter melody store

100 gold (goodwill records exclusive - germany)
100 clear (bitter melody exclusive)
300 black
October 20, 2013 11:36PM

Sending out a bunch of these tomorrow. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login