Re: Pre-order now: CONVERGE "All We Love We Leave Behind"
September 02, 2012 11:20PM
easy enough - if you want the boolet,order that. since you consider yourself anudiophile and DESPERATELY need both items, scrougne up some money or tough luck..problem solved.
September 04, 2012 08:28PM
Is the 180 gram completely sold out? Will y'all be pressing more?
September 05, 2012 06:04AM
Nvm, ORDERED!!
September 17, 2012 03:24PM
Gah, less than a month away - can't wait to pour over that beautiful deluxe edition.

Out of curiosity, in regards to the tracklisting, unlike the normal "and then we slapped three extra tracks on the end of the record because we need to move units" method, Converge chose to incorporate the bonus tracks as part of the record. I like this approach, I'm just curious how the band feels this affects the album? Of course, I presume you wouldn't have done it this way if you didn't feel it worked, but how do you compare listening to the album with and without the extra songs? Simply "different" experiences?

Postscript: It's been too long since I've logged in here so I just wanted to say thank you, as always, to Deathwish for its continued support of the "extreme" (or whatever, fuck labels) music scene. It was really sad to read about Hydra Head closing shop; I sure hope you guys continue on forward. I know the waters are rough, but your dedication does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
September 18, 2012 10:42AM
Tracklisting:
We don't view them as "Bonus" Tracks, but an alternate track listing, and in many ways the preferred tracklisting.
We placed the songs in the order that we felt work best for the flow of the album, same as we've done with every release.
There are a lot of factors that come into play in doing that. Personal preference, intention during writing, tuning, flow, etc.
As always, a large amount of time and attention to detail was put into the decision making process.

Thanks.

-J.

September 18, 2012 12:35PM
Ah, forgive the terminology – "bonus" was taken directly from the King's Road description.

Anyway, I know my mess of text was not as clear as it should have been, sorry about that, but you started to touch one what I was asking: You said the deluxe edition and LP has "in many ways the preferred tracklisting." So, I was curious if you could speak to that a little more - what made you guys choose have a separate tracklist for the regular CD edition? Also, if you listened to the two, how do you compare the experiences?

Thanks!
September 20, 2012 02:44PM
pale folklore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah, forgive the terminology – "bonus" was taken
> directly from the King's Road description.
>
> Anyway, I know my mess of text was not as clear as
> it should have been, sorry about that, but you
> started to touch one what I was asking: You said
> the deluxe edition and LP has "in many ways the
> preferred tracklisting." So, I was curious if you
> could speak to that a little more - what made you
> guys choose have a separate tracklist for the
> regular CD edition? Also, if you listened to the
> two, how do you compare the experiences?
>
> Thanks!

We didn't choose to have two different track listing per se, but Epitaph suggested it for a variety of reasons.
I have listened to both of them and feel they are both great. I am bias of course.
Thanks.

-J.

September 25, 2012 01:22PM
New song and interview up now: [pitchfork.com]

September 25, 2012 10:37PM
I ordered every variant of the vinyl the day it was availible. I really hope I get all three mystery colors! I'm gonna have to miss the AZ show of the tour which I'm super bummed about but It'll all be okay when I get the new album.
October 03, 2012 05:04PM
Stream the album here: [www.youtube.com]

-J.

October 04, 2012 05:11PM
Jake Wrote:
> Stream the album here:
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> -J.

Well done all AWLWLB is amazing, it took me a few listens to get it under my skin(always a good sign), now I can't wait for my copy to immerse myself in the artwork etc.
October 05, 2012 12:51PM
2 quick questions for you guys

1 - is there a delay at the pressing plant for this release? if so, how much by chance?

2 - will there be a tour exclusive color as well?

thank you kind folks.
October 05, 2012 02:32PM
from the email i got

Thank you for Pre-ordering the new Converge album, "All We Love We Leave Behind" from Deathwish.

The Bad News: Due to a comedy of errors at one of our vinyl manufacturing facilities, this anticipated release is taking longer in manufacturing than we planned. The gears are moving though, and we will immediately begin shipping Pre-orders the day the release arrives on our loading dock.

The Good News: As a thank you to all of our vinyl Pre-order customers, we are sending you a Digital version of the full album now. The digital link will be coming from Epitaph/Kingsroad download system, keep an eye out for an email from them in your mailbox. CD Pre-orders have shipped as well.

As always, thank you for your patience and continued support.
October 05, 2012 02:42PM
FEN1XD0WN Wrote:
> from the email i got
>
> Thank you for Pre-ordering the new Converge album,
> "All We Love We Leave Behind" from Deathwish.
>
> The Bad News: Due to a comedy of errors at one of
> our vinyl manufacturing facilities, this
> anticipated release is taking longer in
> manufacturing than we planned. The gears are
> moving though, and we will immediately begin
> shipping Pre-orders the day the release arrives on
> our loading dock.
>
> The Good News: As a thank you to all of our vinyl
> Pre-order customers, we are sending you a Digital
> version of the full album now. The digital link
> will be coming from Epitaph/Kingsroad download
> system, keep an eye out for an email from them in
> your mailbox. CD Pre-orders have shipped as well.
>
> As always, thank you for your patience and
> continued support.

Have you received the email from Epitaph/Kingsroad yet?
October 05, 2012 07:49PM
I received my email for the album download from kingsroad. Listening to it now. thumbs up
October 05, 2012 10:12PM
Deabsy Wrote:
> I received my email for the album download from
> kingsroad. Listening to it now. thumbs up

Right on. Still waiting on mine. The anticipation is killing me.
October 06, 2012 02:21AM
woolyjammoth sighting holy shit.
October 06, 2012 07:55AM
Thanks very much to let us listen to this new master piece two days ago...
It helps me a lot to go through this sad day, when I had to "leave my love behind"...

A Glacial Pace, Coral Blue, Empty on the Enside, Shame the Way, Sadness comes Home and of course AWLWLB (incredible surprise, you guys can always blow my mind) are my favorites tracks, but the whole album is truly amazing.
I can't wait to get my CD (and LP a bit later), to get amazed by the artworks and finaly read the lyrics.

Thanks again. Sincerely.
October 06, 2012 05:24PM
I got my cd early which was awesome, the record rips, to the point that my brain lost track by track ten
October 06, 2012 07:20PM
Are the three extra tracks from the previously released 7"s the exact same versions as they are on 7"? Or were they re-recorded? A song like Runaway would feel out of place considering the production sounds different. As does On My Shield of course being originally recorded more than two years ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login