Pre-order now: CONVERGE "All We Love We Leave Behind"
August 28, 2012 05:35PM
We have launched Pre-ordering for our new album.
The album will hit stores on October 9th.

Watch the video for "Aimless Arrow" here: [www.youtube.com]

Pre-order the Hardcover Book/CD, CD, 2XLP, & Apparel from Kingsroad/Epitaph: [kingsroadmerch.com]
Pre-order the 180 Gram 2XLP, 2XLP, & CD from Deathwish: [deathwishinc.com]

-J.

Re: Pre-order now: CONVERGE "All We Love We Leave Behind"
August 28, 2012 05:56PM
Ordered with the quickness when it went up. Thanks Jake!

Love "Aimless Arrow". Not typical Converge but so much so in the Converge vein and style. And the video is intense!

Very excited now...even more than before...for AWLWLB!

/fanboy gushing

grinning smiley

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
August 28, 2012 07:53PM
Was so excited to see this! Ordered everything. Bank balance isn't too happy about it but this doesn't come around too often.

I love aimless arrow. Think it's an absolute onslaught of a track with even more progression and passion than I could have anticipated.

Can't wait for the album and the tour.
August 28, 2012 09:29PM
Ordered with the speed of Zeus himself!

- Garrett
August 29, 2012 07:50AM
Ordered. Very excited. The new song was a little unexpected in the best way.
August 29, 2012 12:16PM
Thanks people for checking it out.

-J.

August 30, 2012 01:17PM
Ordered the 180 gram 2xLP. Can't wait. Thanks for the heads up, Jake.

-Brent
August 30, 2012 05:21PM
Thanks for the support people.

-J.

August 30, 2012 06:26PM
ordered the deluxe cd/book didn't want to miss out on that, love that the new song is so different
August 30, 2012 06:30PM
also thank you for putting the vinyl only songs on the deluxe cd, such a great addition as I don't have vinyl anymore and would've missed them
August 30, 2012 08:29PM
So does the vinyl include all the artwork and big booklet? If not, a money grab to get your listeners to be the vinyl AND the cd is not very hardcore.
August 30, 2012 08:40PM
If you are a "listener" then you will be happy listening to what ever format you decide to buy.

If you are a collector then you'll want to get your hands on as many things as possible.

Can't blame bands for providing options for fans.

In my opinion anyway.
August 30, 2012 09:39PM
Oh geez...Oh no, the band and artist want to give fans choices on different formats with each unique art and features to appeal to all the different tastes and preferences. The horror!!!

Dude...Don't like it? Don't buy it!

-Juan!

"Buying records is not a revolution..."
August 30, 2012 10:40PM
LOL

Different options is one thing, but when a punk band is money grubbing their fans, it's strange. I did not accuse Jake and Converge of doing this. I merely asked if the vinyl includes his beautiful artwork, we all know vinyl is the preferred media to listen to music on, why not make it the most important thing to "deluxe." Here is an example. Touche Amore releasing the absolutely beautiful deluxe edition of Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me on vinyl. Oh...and some people can't afford to buy an album twice (this guy).
August 31, 2012 03:10AM
lol @ money grubbing
now WHO says vinyl is the 'preferred' media to listen to? outside of the punk/hardcore/indie music scene the majority of people listen to music through digital format and CDs. so for a normal non record collector this deluxe CD version is probably the coolest thing since sliced bread.

no ones forcing you to buy it twice. no ones forcing you to buy both the CD AND the vinyl. thats. why. there. are. options.
and your example sucks. that was a deluxe LP book, this is a book that also has a 9x14 insert that can be framed (aka probably a print along the lines of his normal work). and he sells his art for that price, even more, so the fact youre paying for not only a CD but also his artwork makes it one hell of a deal. or you could just pay for the regular cd.

THATS WHY ITS CALLED A DELUXE.
August 31, 2012 09:55AM
Dion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL
>
> Different options is one thing, but when a punk
> band is money grubbing their fans, it's strange. I
> did not accuse Jake and Converge of doing this. I
> merely asked if the vinyl includes his beautiful
> artwork, we all know vinyl is the preferred media
> to listen to music on, why not make it the most
> important thing to "deluxe." Here is an example.
> Touche Amore releasing the absolutely beautiful
> deluxe edition of Parting the Sea Between
> Brightness and Me on vinyl. Oh...and some people
> can't afford to buy an album twice (this guy).

Dion -

The hardcover book has artwork that is exclusive to the book alone. We wanted to include all of the created artwork in all formats, however it would have made the vinyl/cd formats carry an extremely high price tag that we didn't feel comfortable with forwarding onto supporters. (Ironically as physical sales have plummeted of music over the last 10 years, the cost of manufacturing has increased greatly).

After a lot of conversation between the label and band, we collectively felt that the limited book option was the way to go. High price tag yes, but the limited number being created made it slightly less painful to manufacture for the label. Not to mention it's something that presented the album in a new way that we are excited about. As artists, that's an important thing.

Whether we like it or not, the expense of manufacturing will always play a role in dictating what bands/labels can and cannot make.

I wish I could say that the book will generate a large amount of profit, however it is extremely expensive to manufacture something like this.
Therefore it won't really yield much more than any other format for the label/band.

Other formats, etc:
As for the preferred format, that is an open debate and a personal decision for listeners. By the numbers, you are actually incorrect. CD and Digital are in demand more so than vinyl for our band. I know at times it doesn't feel that way, but it is what it is. Though I love vinyl, I accept the reality of that. With that said, in ten years, maybe there will be a new form of media that will render all the positive aspects of those formats obsolete. For now, that is what we are concentrating on.

Thanks.

-J.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2012 10:10AM by Jake.
August 31, 2012 02:02PM
Well damn, and there you have it. Can't say too many other bands have someone just come in and lay out the reasoning behind things. Very cool. Thanks, Jake.
August 31, 2012 02:50PM
It Just Got Real...

- Garrett
September 01, 2012 09:51AM
funny thing about me ordering this (2 reg, one deluxe)...I was w/o internet for the most part when this went up, and I just happened to refresh the page on my phone, and BOOM, there it was, and for the first time ever (when I was living in NC, just moved to SC the past few days) the stupid phone ACTUALLY LET ME ORDER SOMETHING AND DIDNT FAIL THIS TIME AND THE SERVERS WERE FINE!!

*I should note that when I placed my order, there was no tweet or fb, or anything else letting us know it was up...pure fucking luck was on my side.
September 01, 2012 09:44PM
godframedme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> funny thing about me ordering this (2 reg, one
> deluxe)...I was w/o internet for the most part
> when this went up, and I just happened to refresh
> the page on my phone, and BOOM, there it was, and
> for the first time ever (when I was living in NC,
> just moved to SC the past few days) the stupid
> phone ACTUALLY LET ME ORDER SOMETHING AND DIDNT
> FAIL THIS TIME AND THE SERVERS WERE FINE!!
>
>
>
> *I should note that when I placed my order, there
> was no tweet or fb, or anything else letting us
> know it was up...pure fucking luck was on my side.

same thing happened to me but I had to wait, then when I saw the 180grams back in the store at like 1am that night i ordered with the quickness. still want the book but I gotta wait scrounge for some more money. I can't let that pass me up.

Vinyl List: [www.deadformat.net] Trade with me!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login