finished my new album
May 16, 2012 03:19PM
please take an honest listen, the tracks really vary, sometimes within the track itself, I'm especially proud of the last song, thanks for your time, I appreciate any and all input/ enjoyment that comes of listening [soundcloud.com]
Re: finished my new album
May 20, 2012 07:21PM
So, I dig this album more than the last one. I think easing up on the drums helped out the songs qutie a bit. In fact, I hear a lot of Silkworm in this, and if you don't already like them I think it'd be a good band to check out. Another band that I this reminds me of a little bit is the Microphones, who, if you haven't already, you should check out too, especially because they tend to use oddball mixes of songs as you do.

To be honest, I think there is a lot of improvement in quality of the song writing overall, and perhaps getting the tracks professionally mixed/mastered would help improve the overall quality, and (if you aren't already) seperating the yelling tracks from the softer singing tracks so that you can mix the vocals a bit more efficiently.

The end song is pretty cool. Keep it up dude!

- Ryan

"Laugh and the world laughs with you; Weep and you weep alone." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2012 07:24PM by Silent-As-I-Am.
May 24, 2012 11:31PM
thanks man, appreciate the feedback, I felt weird about easing up on the drums, because it was something other people wanted, but it did help in the end, and I think it's kind of cool to record the screaming and singing parts in one take, just to say I did? even the guitar switching channels is on the same track, I think if I had a band or other people to play with I'd focus more and accomplish way more but until then it's just what comes out that day, like the main guitar part and singing part is written and everything else is made up the day I record, I'm thinking about writing just the music first on some songs for the next album, then putting the vocals, either way as long as I keep it at I can only get better with age, I just know bouncing ideas off people helps so much more then doing it all yourself
May 31, 2012 10:39AM
in other news people might be more stoked about my old band might be getting back together www.facebook.com/attentionavoid
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login