Home > Deathtalk > Topic
Every Time I Die "Ex Lives" review.
March 24, 2012 08:13AM
Hands down, this has to be the equivilant to Converge's album "Axe To Fall", bringing a breath of fresh air to a dying genre. "Ex Lives" gave rebirth to ETID's dim flame of aggression and thrash hardcore which was last seen in the second album "Hot Damn!". Kieth Buckley fronting the band delivers, in my opinion, one of the most passionate preformances i have seen in the past few years in hardcore. ETID has taken all the good experiences from their past 5 albums and with music inspiration(similar to bands such as: Trash Talk, Doomriders, Converge, etc...) have put themselves above the other bands out now, showing us that you don't need a breakdown or singalongs to be "Hip" and "Cool"in todays music scene. They have proven time and time again why they are the Kings of Rock n' Roll and they aren't going away anytime soon.

Album rating: 5/5
Re: Every Time I Die "Ex Lives" review.
March 29, 2012 08:44PM
I thought the album was pretty good, but Indian Giver, oh man, that song is like next level shit. ETID rules. Wearing one of their shirts now!
Re: Every Time I Die "Ex Lives" review.
March 30, 2012 12:28PM
its ALMOST their best work to date really..while it isnt HOT DAMN! it is a return to form for them where this record doesnt seem forced or rushed (gutter phenom and the big dirty seemed rushed, they werent bad, just sounded rushed and incomplete to me), and like New Junk Aesthetic (which was a huge return to them sounding relaxed and more on point w/ their writing) EX-LIVES is going back to what works and enough diversity to it so it sounds like a cohesive record. Also, some of the greatest dudes in the world.

on a side note, my mp3 player, for some records rearranges the tracks in an album..and one SOME records its totally ok and makes the listening experience completely new, sometimes it legitmately fucks up an album for me and I stop listening to it..I'm a weird guy I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login